Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sold A Few Things, But Not My Soul - YET

This was a very bad, bad Monday, so if you don't want to get bummed out for the rest of the week, just skip this part and look at some of the new items for sale, OK?


A usual, MUNI was wonky, but today, wonky in the extreme: it ended by being closed down by police because of a protest. Actually all the BART stations were closed down, so therefore Metro stations downtown were closed. Wonderful!


I talked to the manager of Park Merced about the time of my departure should Section 8 completely screw me: he said he'd call me tomorrow after a meeting with other Park Merced heads and another talk to Section 8. Meanwhile, I'm still pushing for people/organizations to pressure Section 8. Unfortunately, more pressure is on me than anyone, but I'm getting used to being frustrated, angry ... and a bit scared. I have to make sure letters from AIDS Legal Referral Panel and my doctor get faxed over to Section 8 as early as possible, then beg them to consider my paying that enormous back rent sum in installments, if they'll accept. 


After tomorrow, I'll either be resting or dancing or fighting or frantically trying to shove everything out of this place. Don't you love life's alternatives?


Here's some more items up for sale:


               



















St. Michael and Satan Greek icon
paper on gilded wood
9.75" x 6.75"


$25
















Fun straw box as Victorian house
6" Tall x 5.5"W x 3" D


$15


                                                                                                                     

                                                                                                              

Fun, decorative and practical - if you have a camel.
These are CAMEL STRAPS! The desert tribes had their specific designs
to show off! 
63" L x 5.75" W

Pair: $80                                                                                 










No comments:

Post a Comment