Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pounding the Pavement in the Tenderloin

That's what I'm doing. It's a mess, but I have to do it to back up the whole situation. I have to be out in 16 days!  Of course, Park Merced hasn't said as much, but I can't trust anyone these days. In any case, the selling off must go on. I just put some of the big ticket items (Scarlett, the Moureau Voutier Bronze, the GWTW collection) on Craigslist and eBay. A bit hard to part with - Scarlett especially - but I can't have these things in a smaller space. Storage is almost out of the question unless it's  a very small space. And if I wind up in one of the SROs, I'll have to put some things away for sure. 


The problem with the SROs (Single Room Occupancy) is that while some of them are nice, clean and have amenities (one actually has a small gym), the neighborhoods are literally crawling with ... crawling people: drunks, hookers, etc. Not exactly a place where one could entertain guests comfortably - they'd never show up! Period!


And, believe it or not, some SROs are up to $1100 per month!!


OK, enough of the griping. Here are some additional pieces for anyone to consider.
















set of six small hand-painted bone-china bowls - perfect for dessert. ca. 4" dia.


$35.00

















Enormous terra cotta bowl in native pattern
16.25" dia
$30














Mayan-inspired bust made of Costa Rican Jade
THIS PIECE IS OVER 275 YEARS OLD!
5.5" tall - 4.5" deep
$150


MORE TO COME TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment